Fresh mountain air and that pain of knowing you're alive

|

davos-ski-weekend-0581

Yesterday was one of those days when you look all around you with your mouth gaping open at the crystal blue sky, warm sunshine, glittering white snow and towering, majestic mountains and, as you tumble helter skelter down the slopes, return to do it a little more gracefully, lounge at the mountaintop bar and sip your hot toddy, you think - life is beautiful.

TODAY is one of those days when you wake up in the morning and think you must have somehow inadvertently slept through being hit by a truck. You discover muscles you never knew you had - holding a door open without your whole arm shaking to high heaven might just be asking a lot. Then you think, yes, life is beautiful and this is the pain of knowing you're alive.

Next time, though, I think I might pop the painkiller before I even hit the hills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails