
The 2009 annual three-day-weekend-German-Christmas-market-extravaganza took us to ... (da da da dum)
Munich--where people, brats (as in bratwursts) and lights abound.
Gluwein. Litres and litres of gluwein. Nothing says Christmas in Europe more than that hot, mulled cinnamon wine. The North Americans still don't know just what they are missing.
Rahmfleckl. The best of the Christmas markets ... like a personal sour cream pizza, only better. Far better. Would love to show a picture of what the things actually
are, but
a certain co-eater wouldn't let me ... "But it'll get cooolllddd!"
Christmas tree ornaments. The proud result of
three hours of friendly negotiation, and one wall climb for the last remaining box hidden on the top shelf. (He wanted tinsel; I said no way. I wanted multicolors; he said no way. I wanted silver; he wanted gold ...)

The
lights. After the dollar store mishap (neon white and flashing), warm, peaceful white lights. Except that they came in a "loop". Which meant putting them on and taking them off not once, but twice ... amid ample debate on the "proper" way to hang lights.
Warm reminders of Christmas-market-extravaganza 2008: Hamburg, Germany. Last year, we bought the ornament, but had no tree. This year, it found its place, just where it was meant to be.

Prized
stars from Munich ... "to hang in the windows just like Mama does".
The tree. Topped with our Munich mistletoe "
bulb" and beautiful as ever.

The
stockings are hung by the entry with care, in the hopes that all'll notice Marcel's door-swag hanging near ...
Christmas cards. Made with love and a (couple) glasses of wine. Coming soon to a mailbox near you.

And the love of all loves, packaged and sent with care--the
Christmas wreath made with treasured childhood ornaments collected over the years ...
Christmas tree 2008. We've come a long way.
2 comments:
I love the tree! We will miss you this christmas!
Merry Christmas! love B
Love it Alanna! You are WAY more festive than I am. p.s. I did notice the "Door swag" and I love it.
Post a Comment